A/C Pros in Hallsville, TX Discuss A/C Repairs Covered By Homeowners Insurance
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover A/C Repair?
Chances are, you also want to save money on air conditioning repair. Besides, emergency A/C repairs in Hallsville, TX don’t come cheap. Depending on the damage to your cooling equipment, you may pay a few hundred to thousands of dollars.
One of the ways to save on air conditioning repair costs or not spend money out of your pocket at all is by having homeowners insurance.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance is a type of property insurance that covers homes and their contents. Homeowners typically purchase it to protect themselves against losses incurred from events such as fires, storms, and theft. Homeowners insurance can also save you from liability if someone is injured on your property.
When Does Your Homeowners Insurance Cover Your A/C
Your A/C unit is one of the essential appliances in your home, and it’s also one of the most expensive. So, it’s natural to wonder if your homeowner’s insurance will cover it in the event of an accident or damage.
The answer to this question depends on the cause of the damage. If a covered peril damages your A/C unit, then your homeowners insurance will likely cover the repairs or replacement costs. However, if something not covered by your policy causes the damage, you’ll have to pay out of pocket.
Some of the most common causes of A/C damage that are covered by homeowners insurance include:
- Fire or smoke damage
- Water damage from a storm or broken pipe
If you’re not sure whether your A/C is covered, check with your insurance company. And, if you’re in the market for a new A/C unit, be sure to ask your insurer about their coverage for replacement costs.
What A/C Damages Are Not Covered By Homeowners Insurance?
Standard homeowners insurance policies do not typically cover a few types of A/C damage. These include:
- A/C units that are not properly maintained and break down as a result. If you don’t schedule routine professional air conditioning maintenance and your unit breaks down, homeowners insurance won’t cover the repair.
- Water damage from floods or water leaks. Your air conditioning unit produces a lot of water, and if that water leaks and damages your home, it likely won’t be covered by homeowners insurance.
- A/C units that are over ten years old. Some insurance policies usually do not cover older units.
- Accidents. If you accidentally break your A/C unit, homeowners insurance likely won’t cover it.
Whether or not your A/C repair is covered by your homeowner insurance, Napps Cooling, Heating & Plumbing is here to deliver a quality A/C repair near or in Hallsville, TX. Contact us at 903-758-6482 or fill out our online form to get started.
ABOUT NAPPS COOLING, HEATING & PLUMBING
Napps Cooling, Heating & Plumbing has been offering a wide range of residential, commercial, and industrial HVAC/R solutions throughout North East Texas since 1957. Whether you need system installation, repair, or maintenance, the team has got you covered.
Contact Us Today
At Napps Cooling, Heating & Plumbing, we are proud to be the comfortable choice for Longview families and business owners. Customers know they can always trust us for:
- 24/7 emergency service
- Licensed and insured technicians
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Flexible financing options and specials
- And much more!
Experience exceptional service and unmatched comfort by trusting Napps Cooling, Heating & Plumbing with your service needs. Call 903-758-6482 to request HVAC, plumbing, or refrigeration services today.