Expert Gas Line Installation in Longview, TX
Natural gas is a highly efficient fuel for powering furnaces, boilers, and other home appliances, and it requires a functioning gas piping system. That system consists of a main distribution line with multiple branch lines that deliver gas to each appliance.
If you’re looking to install a new natural gas-powered appliance where there wasn’t a gas line before, turn to the professionals at Napps Cooling, Heating & Plumbing for proper installation.
Call to request a consultation for expert gas line installation.
The Gas Line Installation Process
Installing a new gas line is a major overhaul of your home and a highly complex process. This is a condensed version of all the work required to install a gas line safely and successfully:
- Permitting: Permits are required by local government building departments. Applications must include the full scope of the installation and many departments require a schematic. It’s also common for the installer to need a mechanical or plumber’s permit.
- Pipe sizing: The installer will determine the correct size for your new piping by calculating the Longest Measured Run (LMR) and cross-referencing it with the different BTUs of your appliances and your local plumbing codes.
- Piping installation: Your installer will help you select the appropriate type of piping from materials including stainless steel, galvanized steel, black iron, PVC, and other common options. Then they’ll run the line through the home using a variety of components like elbows and couplings to ensure efficient gas direction.
- Shut-off valves & leak testing: Each new gas appliance needs its own shut-off valve that meets the National Electric Code, and each shut-off valve must be tested for leaks by plugging up the end of your pipeline. Pressure testing will reveal any leaks, which must be addressed.
- Gas line connection: At this point, the installer will hook the new gas line up to the gas source and appliances and conduct a final inspection.
These steps are a significant simplification of the entire process, which requires professionals to complete properly.
Why You Need a Gas Line Professional
In addition to the permits needed and the complexity associated with installing a new gas line, safety is the number one reason to contact a professional for a job of this caliber. Natural gas is extremely volatile, and one slip-up anywhere during the process can lead to explosive results — quite literally.
Many new gas lines need to be run through walls or siding, making it easy to damage your home’s structure and cause damage to other dangerous systems like your electrical wiring.
Don’t endanger your home or yourself trying to install a new gas line. Call Napps Cooling, Heating & Plumbing to take care of it for you.
Why Choose Napps Cooling, Heating & Plumbing?
We take the mystery out of gas line installation with upfront pricing and a team of background-checked technicians who always emphasize safety and attention to detail. As a family-owned and -operated business, we’re invested in our neighbors and making sure our customers have a fully satisfying experience.
What To ExpectDiscover the Difference
We believe in upfront pricing to ensure transparency and eliminate surprises. You’ll know the cost of service before any work begins.
Our technicians adhere to industry standards and regulations, ensuring all services meet or exceed the highest quality and safety requirements.
Napps Cooling, Heating & Plumbing is proud to have received numerous awards for exceptional services and customer satisfaction.
You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our team will handle your HVAC and plumbing needs with expertise and professionalism.
As a family-owned and -operated business, we treat our customers like an extension of our family. We value relationships and take pride in providing personalized service.
All our technicians undergo thorough background checks and regular drug screening to ensure your safety and peace of mind.
They arrived on a timely manner, fixed the issue and were very knowledgeable and informative! Definitely recommend!Nicole D. Nicole D.
Excellent service and response time!!! I called another company on a Thursday, and they said they would not be able to service my AC until Monday. I called Napps and explain what was going on with my AC, and I was told that someone would be there this afternoon, or in the morning. Within an hour, a technician called me and said they were on my way to my house. The technician did a great job of troubleshooting the problem. He was able to get my AC working within two hours. He did a great job of explaining to me…Kenny H. Kenny H.
Thea is the absolute best! Customer service 10/10. Kept in touch and even went out of her way to make sure everything was getting done!Kelley C. Kelley C.
Great company! Very fast and professional!Cindy J. Cindy J.
Very nice young man gave me a lot of information about what needed to be repaired and replace. He went into specific details about combining a partial new unit with my old until and that I have a leak inside as well as the outside until. He was very helpful in so many ways. He was my ANGEL yesterday!!! Thank youNelda M. Nelda M.